Sunday night and I got my wish! It is snowing outside – and the kind of sparkly snow that you can see in the dark through the streetlights. It’s marvelous.
This was one of those weekends where you have nothing planned and then it becomes a wonderful kind of busy with friends, family and a date night. Wrapping up the weekend with a clean house, a snuggly cat* and a cup of hot tea while it snows? Lovely.
I thought I’d share few of my favorite things over the weekend:
- This Umbrian-Style Chicken alla Cacciatora from NY Times Cooking. We had it for a date night dinner and it was simple, tasty and elegant. Roast up some cauliflower and sauté some greens, a bottle of white wine and candles? Lovely.
- Becoming Jane. Watched this with a girlfriend while we had pizza and bubbles. It was a darn near perfect girls night in.
- The No 2 Plumping set from Beautycounter. Spa time!
- This French Apple Cake from Dorie Greenspan via The Gourmet Gourmand. Full of apples, like a pastry – light and buttery with a hint of rum flavor.
- Orange Blossom Special herbal tea from Tea Source. Deliciously orangey and ideal for a winter night.
What did you discover this weekend?
“It’s life that matters, nothing but life—the process of discovering, the everlasting and perpetual process, not the discovery itself, at all.” ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky,
* We may also be watching The Adventures of Milo & Otis. Total nostalgia.